Holiday subject line examples for you to copy and paste
We’ve provided many subject line ideas for Black Friday and Cyber Monday (BFCM) emails. We’re back with more, but this time for holiday newsletters that fall outside of the BFCM window.
Nailing the subject line is crucial for rising above a cluttered inbox. Consider this: 64% of email recipients base their decision to open emails on the subject line.
We invite you to snag our examples. Tweak and personalize as needed to fit your Shopify store’s audience.
I’ve organized the subject line examples into four categories based on email message type — gifting, treat yourself, last chance, and holiday well wishes — and tossed in a bonus section on emojis.
‘Gifting’ subject lines
Many holiday email marketing messages are focused on gift-giving. Thus, our list is biggest for this category.
- Give the gift of _____
- Gifts that they'll love
- Gifts under $___ for your whole family
- New: gift guide just for you
- Our most giftable goodies
- Elf on the Shelf Approved: ________
- Stocking stuffers to save your holiday
- Stocking stuffers that won't break the bank
- Perfect for everyone on your list
- _(number)_ gift ideas for everyone on your list
- For the person who has everything
- Sleigh your list with these perfect gifts
- Up to snow good ❄️ Sale starts now!
Stand out as the place for gift-givers with a gift-giving email campaign.
‘Treat yourself’ subject lines
Self-gifting has been trending upward the last few years. Read: speak to this crowd of shoppers who are on the lookout for themselves as they concurrently buy for others.
- Treat yourself with these ______
- A gift for them and a gift for you!
- Give yourself the gift of ______
- But what about you?
- You've been good, right? We thought so ;-)
- It's time for YOU to get what you really wanted
- Gift for you and no one else
- Treat yo'elf
‘Last chance’ subject lines
When it’s getting down to crunch time — whether an offer is about to expire or time is running low for getting products shipped on time — you need a subject line to express the urgency.
- Last day for FREE shipping
- Last chance to get it there on time
- Don't stress, let us ship it for you!
- Still need a gift? Last day to ship!
- Skip the crowds and ship today!
- Order by ___ to get it there by _____
- Last day to get __(promotion)___
‘Holiday well wishes’ subject lines
It’s always nice to spread cheer and recognize the holidays are a time of joy. When you steer away from a purely promotional newsletter to send a well wishes message, you need a subject line that fits.
- Merry Christmas/Happy Kwanzaa/Happy Hanukkah from your friends at _______
- A special holiday note for you
- We just wanted to say thank you
- A Christmas Wish from us to you
- Happy New Year, it's been a year...
- Here comes 2023!
Emojis in subject lines
Add some fun to your subject lines by including emoticons. They’re a small addition that can make your message visible among a sea of emails.
Two bits of advice:
- Don’t overdo it
- Ensure the image(s) you choose matches the subject line
Here are a few examples that are great for enhancing your holiday messages:
🎅 ☃️ ❄️🎄 🎁 🤶 🌨 🛷🧣 🧤 ✨ ⭐️ 🕯 🥂 🚨
Bonus tips for boosting your open rates
Increasing your email open rates starts with grabbing attention. Go ahead and steal our ideas. Save yourself some time when you’ve got a million things pulling at you.
If you can, I encourage you to take a moment to add your own spin when appropriate. And here’s two other suggestions to ponder:
- Incorporate a sales offer, ensuring to specify the dollar or percentage discount
- Mention if you offer free shipping; a study found that free shipping is the top incentive to shop online
For more tips to make your subject lines shine, check out our subject line quick guide.
Create, manage, and track your email marketing—without leaving Shopify.
Seguno is the top-rated email solution built exclusively for Shopify. Grow your sales with high-performing newsletters, email automation campaigns, and integrations with Facebook, Instagram, banners, pop-ups and more. Build and send engaging emails in our easy-to-use editor and take email creation to the next level with our Canva integration. Automate your email marketing and drive more revenue with welcome campaigns, checkout abandonment, post-purchase automations, tag triggers and more. Learn more at Seguno.com
Sign up for email marketing tips, resources, and industry insights to help your Shopify store grow.